6th June, 2024

The weather was lovely today, at least after a frost the days are generally pleasant. The forecast shows another front coming in by the end of the weekend.

Robyn and I dropped a bull in with Beanie and Annie this morning. First through the gate was the angus. Sigh. All black calves again this year. If he gets his act together ... he didn't want to leave his buddies. I put Beanie and Abe into the paddock to show him there were cattle here, but they didn't want to leave Annie and Selkie, and Abe even managed to four wheel drift right under the electric fence in with Jaffa's group.

In the end I left all the gates open for Annie's group to roam up where the bull is camped so they can bring him back to where their round bale is. Thankfully Abe is used to following a biscuit, so he was relatively easy to get back into the right paddock.

While I was bull wrangling Freya and Zippy got into the feed bunks to fight with Star and Joey over their pellets. When I found them all four were cleaning up the small bale of grass hay that I'd put out for Annie last rain event. At least someone liked it. Got those four all back where they were supposed to be.

Jaffa's group have already eaten the round bale I put out for them, I was hoping it would last a week. Three days is going to go through my hay pretty fast. I tried to start Bessie and she flat out wouldn't go. I am going to have to warm the motor before starting when the mornings are below 5 degrees. Eventually she started and I put out one of the remaining older rounds.

I went back up to the house for lunch and noticed a gate had actually fallen over when I went out to feed the chooks. Annie had knocked the gate next to the hayshed off the combination of baling twine and chain loosely hooked around a nail and was in the hay shed. Some running repairs to that and Annie back where she should be and I turned around and the sheep were in the hayshed. What is with everyone today ??

No comments:

Post a Comment