5th June, 2024

I had a sleep in this morning. Four hours standing in a trailer holding large dogs onto a table followed by a five hour shift on my feet at woolies was more than exhausting. I didn't do much more than the basics around the house (filled the dishwasher and brought in a load of washing) but I did do some cow moving.

Annie, Beanie, Abe and Selkie are now in the piggery paddock, and I used Bessie (now fully charged) to put a round bale out for them. The rest of the cattle and the sheep have the sheep shelter/barnyard and cowmahal areas, with the bale I put out the other day.

The reason for the moving is that a bull is going in with Annie and Beanie. I tried getting the bull once the girls were set up, but they took one look at me and headed for the other end of the paddock. Big babies. Robyn will give me a hand getting one tomorrow. There are an angus, a hereford and a speckle park. While I would like more pretty babies, which the speckle park bull will give, it really doesn't matter on a practical level. Both girls have calved before so I don't need to worry as much about the size of the calf.

We are clearing alot of discontinued stock at work at the moment. One of the things on the clearance table is vegan spam. As if normal spam wasn't bad enough ...


No comments:

Post a Comment