25th July, 2024

Rain and wind, wind and rain. Annoyed with Jaffa's mob because they are throwing the good bale of silage around. I've scooped it all off the ground and will give them a gap between bales so they eat anything that's still good.

I went to a Dairy Tas event last night and won the quiz. I won it at the last one too. The prizes are usually a gift bag of assorted cattle gear, which I share around my table. In this one is a free worm egg count (parasite worms) and farm visit from the Zoetis rep. I will definitely be taking that one. And I keep the caps or beanies. You can never have too many warm beanies.

My new laptop has arrived and Michael will come tomorrow morning to help me set it up. Still waiting to hear from BoQ about whether I can add a bit to the mortgage for a zero turn mower. Much cheaper than personal loan finance.

I am looking at taking a leave of absence from Woolies to work in a calf shed for four months. The farm is just down the road and their working day starts at 9am. I can live with that. They will be needing people from August through to December. Maybe just keep the once a fortnight Saturday office shift.

I had a flu shot yesterday, one thing off the list. And I am down to 91.6kg. Getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment