27th July, 2024

Cold and damp today, allegedly snow tonight. I don't think there is enough precipitation, but it's certainly cold enough. It's currently 1.7 C and the "feels like" is -1.5 C. Finn is racing around madly, you can really see the alpine breeding coming out in him. I am really missing my automatic gate !

This is the first post done on my new laptop. Not only is the new keyboard nice and punchy, the whole thing has about 10 times the operating speed of my old one. No 15 min startup time in the morning and continual freezing ! It has taken some setting up, verifications and drives and programs and settings have take probably about 8 hours, but I am almost there.

While I was browsing job ads on Dorset Employment Connect I found a job doing basically cyber private eye work. The company is based in George Town, of all places. About an hour from me. The criteria look as if they were written directly for me, so I spent an hour tweaking my CV and cover letter and I will send that in on Monday. 

It's a part time job based at George Town, but if they are at all interested in me I will push for remote work. And maybe if that particular role has to be in GT, there might be one they can use me for that is remote. More irons in the fire. I think that's three now.

We are still going through hay and silage at a great rate. Today while I was putting out another round for Jaffa's mob I saw Robyn putting out hay for her girls, a tractor went up the highway with a bale on, and Jason's tractor went down the Sledge Track with two bales on. It was a nice moment of fellowship, all doing the same thing, sharing the same work and concerns.

Sarge is asleep on the lounge, twitching. He seems to be hunting something in his dreams. It must be quite an energetic chase. Geoff is on the other lounge snoring away. Unusual that Sarge isn't actually sleeping on Geoff, maybe he's too noisy.

Not sure where this is, but I suspect the UK. I just found it a lovely photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment