29th July, 2024

A couple of VERY cold days. There was snow on Mt Barrow. The night temps are around zero and the day temps are just making double figures. If you can get out of the wind the sun is lovely.

The shearer came today and crutched the sheep, and we trimmed their feet too. Two were a little limpy so I put a mix of copper sulphate and vaseline between their toes to kill the bacteria causing lameness.

I pulled down another couple of round bales and stacked some in the boat shed for quick access. I am getting the hang of this bale wrangling. The hayshed will be pretty well empty by spring though.

I put the bull back over to Robyn's yesterday, he wasn't keen to go and I had a couple of moments where I thought he'd get past me and I'd have to call in reinforcements. But he's back and hopefully Annie and Beanie are now pregnant.

I picked up some more small dog coats for Sarge. He has a habit of getting overly attentive to his belly and making it sore from licking. When he's getting a bit over the top a dog coat protects his belly until the urge passes. He doesn't love them and walks a bit funny when wearing them, but it beats a bacterial skin infection.

The dwarf mulberry looks like it's about to flower, I think it might be jumping the gun a bit. The lemon is bearing like crazy, but the leaves aren't looking so hot. I wonder if it's suffering a bit from the cold. I'll have to google if there is anything I can do to coddle it a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment