4th August, 2024

We had a few spits of rain yesterday and today, adding up to 4mm. I washed today and the wind flapped most of the moisture out, just needing a quick finish in the dryer.

I lodged 5 out of 6 Tasmanian public service applications, they are mostly part time relief registers. A couple of Service Tas customer service jobs. The one I still need to do is a nat parks job register and the application is through a recruitment agency instead of the state government website, so I'll work my way through that tomorrow night.

Freya and Zippy seem to be staying weaned, it will be good if I can leave everyone together and just put out the one lot of hay. Belle seems to be staying a bit separate to the other cattle. She could calve any time now, though the vet put her at September rather than August, so I will start watching her closely. Last calving was a bit traumatic because she freshened with bloody milk and no colostrum. It was a bit of a shock but her milk came in with regular milking to clear the blood and Robyn was able to give me some colostrum for Moose.

I rolled up the water line for the orchard, that can now stay out of harms way until the summer dry sets in. One less thing to move for mowing.

I'll be catching up with Kelly for a cuppa tomorrow afternoon, debrief after the interview and try out the new cafe that has replaced the Art Gallery, called The House Paddock. It has local produce and homewares as well as the cafe. There is another new one on the other side of Scottsdale called Mulberry Lane, I'll check that one out later in the week.

I liked this one :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment