7th November, 2023

Back to being a bit overcast today. I used the lower contrast conditions to help pick out and pull some barley grass plants in the hops paddock. I think we are nearly on top of the barley grass in that paddock, but I will have to walk it to see.

We also changed the back up battery in the power unit for the automatic driveway gates. This powers the gates if the mains power goes out. We charge the batteries in the house and swap them out to keep them at peak performance.

I did alot of admin today. I think we are a long way from the paperless office that was foretold. There is certainly no lack of red tape associated with modern life. I just recieved an email to let me know my passport is due to expire. There is a problem that wasn't even on my radar !

The calves are coming in at my call for their muesli now and eating it straight away. This is the best way to keep chickens from mucking around in the feeders and encouraging possums, mice or rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment