14th December, 2023

There was 30mm in the rain gauge this morning, and none of it fell on my hay !


I returned Bruce to Robyn and checked on all the critters. Everyone fine and in their place.

I came home from a crazy night at work to find a fence had fallen over in the garden at the back of the other cottage and Belle, Beanie and Moose cavorting around the driveway area. They smooshed part of an olive but thankfully left my vulnerable mulberry alone. I put them in the main paddock with Annie and will have to think about how to repair the fence. I think a whole post went over.

While I was looking for their exit I heard water running and identified a leak in the pipe that feeds the trough in the cottage paddock. I turned that off at the cottage meter, Calab has all his plumbing fed from the tank so it won't worry him. That will have to be fixed before I can put stock back in that paddock. It's also the line that waters the silver birch and the hops so it has to be done in the next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment