7th January, 2024

The forecast afternoon rain didn't materialise until well into the small hours, and the forecast dropped dramatically overnight. From 60mm over two days to 10mm. Nice work BOM. I planted the new hop up by the grapevine based on expected rain, so I'll have to keep the water up to him. I'll do the jasmine next week. I trimmed the dead stuff off all the succulents so they are looking nice.

I folded the six loads of washing I crammed through yesterday (because it was going to rain) and picked two buckets of apples off the cider trees. I am thinning the crop by two thirds as the branches are already bending. I don't know why the cider apples grew so much faster and crop so much heavier than the dessert apples. I shared one bucket between Belle's herd and the sheep. Tomorrow I'll start splitting them three ways, including Annie's herd.

Another coat of paint on the back for the front craft room door, folded all the accumulated feed bags and collected the eggs. It looks like there are four chooks laying, after a heap went broody. They will come back on the lay soon so I will have to keep alert for new nests.

I took some nice t bone steaks out to defrost last night and they are beautifully marbled, even the ones Geoff cooked to his taste (well done) were really tender.

Sarge got a good brush, he's shedding because of the spike in hot and humid weather and I got a heap of fur off him. I did the other two but they are able to keep themselves groomed (he's missing part of his tongue) and there wasn't much on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment