8th January, 2024

The drizzle finally settled in and we had about 8mm on and off all day. Enough to hold off watering for a day or two.

I thinned another three buckets of cider apples and a bucket of granny smith, and cut off a branch of the granny smith that had broken when the rain took it just that bit too far over the weight threshold. The cows and sheep are loving the baby apples.

I spent most of the day doing six months worth of filing. I made a very big dent in it and sorted out last financial year's paperwork from this current one and put it away. I still have the usual random instruction manuals and letters and calendars to sort through, and all the tax/accounting pile. With the SMSF and payment plans and BASs there's alot going on there.

I also arranged for covid boosters next week, using the new polyvalent vaccine. We dodged a bullet after having lunch with Shane and Juliet on christmas day then finding out they had covid, so I'd like to keep the immunity topped up with the exposure at the supermarket.

Artwork by Ed Perkins


No comments:

Post a Comment