6th April, 2024

A couple of cloudy days and some sporadic showers today. The forecast of 10-20mm faded as the weekend approached, but even some rain falling is better than the last rain evaporating.

Things are still on track for settlement on the 9th, Tuesday coming. I need to make plans for which paddocks my cows and sheep will go into, what they will be fed and who will be in each group. This is where the drought and approaching winter gets pointy for me. I've been lucky so far, and haven't had to use much of the hay yet. 

I also need to double check if there are any items left over on the 75 that need to come back. Leigh still have some irrigation pipe and shed building stuff and one calf. I don't think Jason will lock the gate on him at midnight Tuesday, but he probably should get sorted.

I have picked all the apples off the cider trees (except the king david) and they are in tubs ready to feed to the stock. I had a loan of Pete's fancy ladder, with a really wide base and three legged setup, which is very stable.

I dropped into the open day at the new tiny home complex on King Street to check out the level of finish and space inside. They're pretty good, bigger than a bed sit. I think they've missed an opportunity to be really innovative in the fittings and storage, but I have been watching a series on building custom tiny houses that emphasises creative solutions. 

They'll be a good option for people who don't accumulate alot of stuff, or who need somewhere to be on regular visits to the area for work. Either way, they're not filling regular housing stock and have probably freed up a dozen other homes for families.

I also tried for the second time to bank a cheque received in payment for electrical work, but my old card had expired so the atm ate it on my first attempt and wouldn't let me use the new card because it hadn't been activated. The online system came up with "technical issues" when I tried to activate it online and then when I went into the branch the teller couldn't bank the cheque because the card hadn't been activated and couldn't activate the card because the manager had the electronic signing pad and was in a meeting. Remind me again about all this wonderful technology that is making branches obsolete ??

I took yesterday off because I was feeling a bit under the weather. A combination of being tired and having a cold. I worked tonight because I feel a bit better, but I would really like to retire, at least from Woolies. I think I am all peopled out. It was a relatively quiet night for once, a nice change.

Daylight savings ends tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment