9th April, 2024

Yesterday was mizzly and overcast and today was sunny with a light breeze and a few clouds. Total fall for this round is 9mm.

Yesterday I had a haircut and went to a sheep EID (electronic identification device) seminar. From 1 Jan 25 electronic tags will be compulsory for any sheep leaving the farm. A bit like the cattle tags but a different shape. Cattle tags are big buttons and sheep tags are like a folded slip of plastic. 

I don't have a problem with electronic tags, I audit my cattle tags every six months and keep good records, so the change for sheep isn't a problem for me, I just needed to know the new rules. There are some rebates for the cost of the new tags for the first two years as well. 

After the seminar I slipped into the supermarket and picked up a few things to add to dinner and a whole lot of dog food.

Today I took the sheep into the shearing shed and trimmed a few feet. Ideally I should do every foot on all seven sheep, but the drama and waily waily about having a foot picked up was a bit much for me today (I have a deep head cold) so I just did the worst feet, called them all ridiculous over actors, gave them a snack and moved them back to the hops paddock.

Today was to be the settlement day for the sale of the 75 acre section to Jason. It didn't happen because his bank didn't get the funds to the solicitor in time, despite him paying an extra fee for it to be an immediate transfer instead of overnight. We are now waiting for the solicitor to book a new settlement date with both banks. I am more than a little pissed off about it, but there is nothing Jason or I can or need to do, the funds are now in place and it's (supposedly) just a matter of getting the settlement booked asap.


No comments:

Post a Comment