30th August, 2024

The wind and rain are back, and will be back over and over again for the next two weeks. The low that is producing the fronts is over 3000km wide.

I seized the moment and put the second last silage bale out and brought the last one up to the barnyard so I can put it out Sunday or Monday when needed. I'll roll up the electric fence around where they were and clean up the torn off wrap on Sunday afternoon. That way when the new pasture seeds go in they can plant that area up too. I got some bale wrap caught around the tractor axle while moving the bales, as they have to be shifted in reverse gear to get the heavy bales over uneven ground. I'll have to take a knife down tomorrow and cut the wrap off.

Star followed Belle and Tiddy into the dairy, I couldn't get Tiddy in without her coming in too. While I was milking she cleaned up Annie's left overs, tried to nurse from Belle, pushed Tiddy around, and broke things. It was a very stressful milking and won't happen again... Yesterday Tiddy was in a sunny nest of hay when I came for Belle. He got up and started to follow, then thought better of it and went back to his sunny nest. Sensible chap.

This is an ornamental metal ring set into a gate with copper wire twisted to make a tree shape. I think it's really pretty and might try something like it (stealing some of Geoff's electrical cable) if I can find an ornamental metal ring.


No comments:

Post a Comment